[Icecast] building icecast under Windows

Brian Hartvigsen tresni at crackmonkey.us
Fri Nov 11 17:41:25 UTC 2005

Here's how I got libshout to compile using .Net.  The projects should
import and convert to the new format fine.  I haven't tried compiling
icecast yet.

Add vorbis.c and theora.c to the libshout project [not sure why there
were left off, will cause link errors later if you don't]

implement.h is include with pthreads-win32.  It's in the pthreads.#
(I've been using pthreads.1)  Don't use the Pre-build.# directory,
except to link the libraries.  Use the pthreads.# as the include directory.

move the following from sock.c to os.h
#define vsnprintf _vsnprintf
#ifndef __MINGW32__
#define va_copy(ap1, ap2) memcpy(&ap1, &ap2, sizeof(va_list))
#endif

Should solve the problem with ezstream too ;)

Also, I had to add this to os.h too between the #ifdef WIN32:
#define inline __inline
typedef unsigned int size_t;

You could also just change inline to __inline..  The only other problem
I had was the MSVC.Net doesn't like the void* used at one point, so by
wrapping it as (void*)((char*)) I could get it to work..  Really stupid
I thought, but hey.. Hope that helps...

-- Brian