[Icecast] Best way to handle multiple (6+) streams

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sat May 21 22:17:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 22:58, Iain Mott wrote:
> hi - once you decide on a sound card configuration, Pd would be an easy
> way of accessing the individual input channels (eg. with individual adc~
> objects). You could then patch these to multiple "shoutcast~" objects
> within Pd to create the individual icecast2 mountpoints/streams.
>
> See: www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html for Pd and
> www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/shout/shoutcast-howto.html for a
> shoutcast~/Pd howto.
>
> iain

another way to do this would be to use jackd - each channel comes up as a
separate jack port, so you could start 8 streamer clients (e.g. ices or
oddcastv3, both of which support jack), and then send each one a separate
input channel. Getting a proper multichannel sound card would still be better
though.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which