[Icecast] Best way to handle multiple (6+) streams

Seth McTigh kleptein at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 03:02:53 UTC 2005

I have a need to stream 6 or 8 different audio sources (radios), and am
seeking suggestions on the best way to do it.  Although I'd like to stream
each separately, I could combine them to stereo streams and do 2 on each.

I'd like to know what the best hardware configuration would be to accomplish
this?  Are there any multiple input sound cards that have been successfully
tested, or will I need to run 6 or 8 separate boxes to stream into a main
server?

Is it possible to configure 4 sound cards in a single computer?

Any suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated.