[Icecast] load constraints

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Tue May 17 08:37:49 UTC 2005

hello

Another beginners question..... I've been googling through the icecast
archives looking for information on how icecast handles multiple
clients. Haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Could someone please explain (or direct me to links) what happens to the
upload bandwidth of a box running icecast, when more than one client
connects? For example, if a box on a 128kbps upload connection is
serving a 64Kbps stream (and not audio-on-demand) - is it limited to two
connections or is icecast somehow more efficient?

cheers,

Iain

--
Iain Mott