[Icecast] Problem compiling Icecast on RedHat

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed May 11 01:00:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 23:14, Rob Tanner wrote:

> > My guess would be libcurl or its dependencies.
>

> Your guess appears right. when I run configure with the "--without-curl" I get a successful compile.  And that may be fine.  I'm not sure what exactly the YP directory service is that I can not implement without curl.  What we are streaming is educational audio media via WebCT, which is an on-line tool for distance learning, and everything has specific URLs.  That noted, should I even care about YP.

ok, so it's libcurl or something it's dependent on.  curl is only used
for registering the public streams with the YP servers, eg dir.xiph.org
so you have to decide whether you want that.

If you do then you will either need to find the libcurl package for that
specific linux distribution or compile/install libcurl yourself. Note
that curl can reference other libs like ssl and kerberos which may be
the actual cause of the errors in the first place.

karl.