[Icecast] Problem compiling Icecast on RedHat

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Tue May 10 22:14:30 UTC 2005

--On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:59:09 PM +0100 Karl Heyes <karl at xiph.org> wrote:
 > On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 22:42, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> we've always used stat (using the filename in fserve_create), of course
> whether the includes do some mangle magic is another matter but I don't
> think they can translate stat to fstat.
>
> My guess would be libcurl or its dependencies.
>
> karl.

Karl,

Your guess appears right. when I run configure with the "--without-curl" I
get a successful compile.  And that may be fine.  I'm not sure what exactly
the YP directory service is that I can not implement without curl.  What we
are streaming is educational audio media via WebCT, which is an on-line tool
for distance learning, and everything has specific URLs.  That noted, should
I even care about YP.

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager