[Icecast] Client has fallen too far behind

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:34:58 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Anatol <icecast at recordcaster.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a little bit trouble. I've set up an icecast 2.2.0 and an ices 0.4
> system. Every song, sometimes every two songs my playler lost the
> connection to the stream and in DEBUG-Mode I found a logfileentry like:
> DBUG source/send_to_listener Client has fallen too far behind, removing.
>
> I changed the queue-size in icecast.xml from 102400 to 902400 (don't
> know if it is a good value) but the only result is the interrupt occur
> some songs later.

This usually means the client can't receive fast enough - possible
because their connection is too slow. It's normal to get it
occastionally with some songs.

If it's dropping clients that are fast enough, maybe there's something
wrong with your mp3 files? The ices log files might have more useful
info.

Increasing the queue size will almost always just delay a problem, not solve it.

Mike