[Icecast] How to config Ices-playlist.XML to run script

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri May 6 14:00:11 UTC 2005

Support1 wrote:

> Can anyone show me how to config the <input> section in
> ices-playlist.XML (ices.conf) to run a script? The script file will
> returns an audio file name so that Ices will stream that particular file
> to icecast server. I'm trying to stream OGG file. Thanks!!

                 <input>
                         <module>playlist</module>
                         <param name="type">script</param>
                         <param name="program">/path/to/script</param>
<!-- be
sure this exists -->
                 </input>

Note that this is how you'd configure ices 2.x.  Ices 0.x which uses
ices.conf has a different script mechanism.  I believe recent (SVN?)
versions support basic scripts like this, previous versions required
scripts to be written in perl or python and to have various methods
defined.

Geoff.