[Icecast] streaming from the sound card

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon May 2 17:53:39 UTC 2005

Karl Heyes wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 17:43, Jack Coates wrote:
>

>>cat /etc/ices.conf
>><?xml version="1.0"?>
>><ices>

>>    <stream>
>>             <instance>
>>                     <hostname>localhost</hostname>
>>                     <port>8000</port>
>>...password line snipped
>>                     <mount>/stream.ogg</mount>
>>             </instance>
>>     </stream>
>>     <encode>
>>             <quality>3</quality>
>>             <channels>2</channels>
>>     </encode>
>

> just a point of interest, encode should go in an <instance> and state a
> samplerate as well as channels.  If there really is no stream data after
> the initial connection then icecast will timeout the ices, are you
> seeing that?
>
> karl.

Yes! That was it -- I moved the encode section into the instance and
tweaked the bitrates a bit per documentation, working like a champ now.
                     <encode>
                             <quality>3</quality>
                             <channels>2</channels>
                             <nominal-bitrate>65536</nominal-bitrate>
                             <maximum-bitrate>131072</maximum-bitrate>
                             <minimum-bitrate>-1</minimum-bitrate>
                             <managed>0</managed>
                             <samplerate>44100</samplerate>
                     </encode>

Thanks,
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!