[Icecast] Stalled response from icecast to ices

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Tue Mar 29 15:34:45 UTC 2005

Hi:

I'm going to get in before anyone else does.

Icecast 1.x is deprecated and not supported by any of its developers.  You
may find a few on this list who are still using it who can provide tips,
but the fact that kernel versions affected its behaviour sugggests it's a
more complex problem and none of the Icecast developers support or even
care about Icecast 1.x anymore.

Unless you've got a specific reason to still be using it, and please let us
know if you do, we strongly recommend upgrading to Icecast 2.x.  Upgrading
to Ices 0.4 is also probably a good idea.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html