[Icecast] Digging Deep into the XML

Doc NAsty doc at krushradio.com
Mon Mar 28 05:01:47 UTC 2005

Hey all, I’ve been working with IceCast for the last month, I’m really
getting into it. I’ve started developing some of my own windows based
reporting tools on it.  (Will be released to the public..free of course) I
had a few questions tho..

1.	There is a problem on the windows version of IceCast, where if you
play a song such as Queensrÿche  (with the special char for the y) it tends
to make the xsl/xml self destruct.  Is there a work around for that?
2.	Is there an actual file path or URL to all of the XML files that are
used?  Or a list to all the XML files?  Like the stats.xsl has a stats.xml.
but there is no listmounts.xml or listclients.xml  anywhere.

One other question relating to streams.  I know we can use multiple mounts,
but is there a way to get more than one IceCast instance running on a
separate ports, Or would I have to start a whole new instance of IceCast?

Thanks for all your help

~Doc