[Icecast] Mountpoint related..

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sun Mar 27 17:10:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

Firstly, you're not yet subscribed to the list from this address, so some
replies might not reach you.  This is the second message I've had to
approve manually.

It's not a good idea to use .m3u extensions for mountpoints, as m3u files
have their own meaning and are expected to be text files containing URLs to
streams.  Winamp at least may choke on such a mountpoint, others may too.
And Icecast itself may get confused as evidenced by an earlier thread this
month.

But apart from that, you have the right idea.  You can use the admin pages
to move listeners.  You may also want to try setting falback-overide to 1
so that when another person connects to your primary mountpoint, your
listeners will be pulled forward again to it.

Note that for this mountpoint fallback stuff to work with MP3, you'll need
to be certain to be using the same sampling rate and number of channels for
each stream otherwise players will almost certainly choke.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html