[Icecast] Push relay from nicecast with icecast2?

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:45:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:46:57 -0500, Chuck Tellechea
<chuckt at tellechea.org> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Ok, success. I understand now that what I thought was a relaying server
> was actually a source client. This was not really clear and caused me a
> great deal of confusion. My fault....  <must remember to remove head
> from posterior prior to project commencement>
>
> However, I found something interesting that needs to be documented. I
> was using a password of radi0 with the source login. It seems that
> Icecast2 does not accept any passwords which include a mixture of alpha
> and numeric characters.

If that's true, it's a bug - it's certainly meant to allow any
password. So we'd rather fix the bug than document it :-)

Could you please double-check this, and then submit a bug report (with
as much detail as possible) at http://bugs.xiph.org/

Thanks!

Mike