[Icecast] Push relay from nicecast with icecast2?

Dan Stowell danstowell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:28:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:26:59 +1000, Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net> wrote:
> Chuck Tellechea wrote:
>
> > What I'm thinking of doing now, is to running an instance of either icecast1
> > or shoutcast, on the datacenter server, to receive the 'pushed' broadcast
> > from the Nicecast running on the G5 at my customer's office/studio.
> > Additionally running an instance of icecast2, on the same datacenter server
> > (and on another port(s)) to stream the archived mp3 content.
>
> It is true that Icecast2 can't do push relaying, but I don't understand why
> you need it.  If Nicecast is going to be pushing the content to you, what's
> the problem?  Maybe *I'm* missing something.

Nicecast uses Icecast to do its broadcasting, so it can't do anything
that Icecast can't do. So I don't really understand either.

Could you solve the DHCP problem by getting your customer set up with
dynDNS? Wouldn't that immediately solve the problem, meaning that
people could listen directly to the stream coming from his box?

Dan

--
http://www.mcld.co.uk