[Icecast] bind adress

Saul Quiñones saire42 at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 21 02:50:45 UTC 2005

--- Michael Smith <mlrsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:12:43 +0100 (CET), Saul
> Quiñones
> <saire42 at yahoo.es> wrote:
> > the problem for me (that i have a the win32
> version)
> > is that when i make use of bind adress on Misc
> Server
> > Settings i get when i start the server:
> >
> > error: fatal, error parsing config file
> icecast.xml
> > but nothing related to that on logs
> >
> > anyone knows what im doing wrong??
> > Thanks
>
> This usually means that you've made the file invalid
> XML. Since the
> log locations are defined in the config file, if the
> config file can't
> be read, there's no way to log anything to the log
> file.
>
> Assuming you really want to use bind-address (most
> people don't), then
> show us the appropriate part of the config file, and
> we'll tell you
> what you did wrong.

I really did not to much:

 <!-- This is the hostname other people will use to
connect to your server.
    It affects mainly the urls generated by Icecast
for playlists and yp
    listings. -->
    <hostname>192.168.1.21</hostname>

    <!-- You can use these two if you only want a
single listener -->
    <!--<port>8000</port> -->
    <!--<bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address>-->

    <!-- You may have multiple <listener> elements -->
    <listen-socket>
        <port>8000</port>
        <-- <bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address> -->

(i ve only put out the ! from the line) and i get the
error, otherwise everything works cool. anyway i dont
need to bind, as you say.