[Icecast] Mounting problems...

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:23:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:30:58 +1000, Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net> wrote:

> but it never gets the chance to find out.  Icecast is programmed to provide
> a playlist if you request <mountname>.m3u.  Icecast seems to be assuming
> that you'd never want to call a mountpoint anything with a .m3u extension,
> so instead of finding the mount /test.m3u, it's actually looking to serve a
> .m3u playlist for the /test mountpoint.  Since there is no /test mount, it
> returns 404.
>
> Bug?  Maybe, maybe not.  Up to the developers to decide I suppose.  On the
> one hand, it's not doing what it probably should do.  On the other hand,
> you probably shouldn't be doing that anyway.

I think (and I haven't tested it recently, but this is how I designed
it) the /test.m3u request serving a playlist should only happen in
/test is a currently-existing mountpoint. If it isn't, the code will
continue on - and should serve the stream. It probably confuses winamp
and other buggy clients, though.

Mike