[Icecast] no auth.xsl

Jonas Nyrén spectral at ludd.ltu.se
Fri Mar 11 16:46:59 UTC 2005

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

>Made my own first test with authentication only a few days ago. I wasn't
>aware I can do it like above and have separate admin users for different
>mount points. I just used
><username>source</username>
><password>some pass</password>
>which I took right from the icecast.xml example. I'm gonna try it out like
>you described. If that works, it's much better.

You've got things wrong here. The authentication Dennis describes is
listener authentication and not source authentication.

>It only exists when a stream is connected. Start streaming and then
>connect a few seconds later. Then it should work.

No, it should always exist. but there should be no link if there is no
stream provided.

I have no idea really why you have no such file. what is your webroot
specified as?
it should be in that dir.

/Jonas