[Icecast] Binding Icecast to an IP address

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:23:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:14:49 -0800, Michael LaBash
<mlabash at babylabash.com> wrote:
> I noticed in the Docs there is a <bind-address> option but the
> example given says it limits to just one listener. Is it possible to
> bind to an IP address but with no listener limit? Or am I just being
> a dumbkopf....
>
> Would that help my links work?

The bind-address option does not limit the number of listeners, it
affects only the interfaces to which icecast binds. I've just changed
the line in the documentation that I think confused you, so hopefully
it won't confuse anyone else in the future.

This is almost certain to not help at all with any problems you're
having. You shouldn't use bind-address unless you specifically want
icecast to bind to one particular interface (and if that doesn't make
sense to you, it means you don't need to use it!)

Mike