[Icecast] Winamp 0% Buffering mp3 streams

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 10 23:31:26 UTC 2005

Geoff Shang wrote on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:24:25 +1000:

> but if you enable file serving, you can put anything in the
> webroot (as defined in your config file) and Icecast will serve it like a
> webserver.

Ah, I see. I was indeed wondering if that could do what I was looking for,
but I couldn't find anything about the fileserve in the documentation other
than that short sentence in the config file explanation. Thanks!
I was also wondering if I could just use Apache to distribute static files.
It seems in a nutshell the Icecast server is more or less a normal http
server, just that it accepts an extra SOURCE command and provides buffering.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany