[Icecast] Winamp 0% Buffering mp3 streams

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 10 22:22:08 UTC 2005

Darrell Dominey wrote on Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:31:17 -0330:

> really, it should have no extention, like /stream/1001 for the mountpoint

Thank you both! Yes, without an extension the problem is gone. I completely
misunderstood the section about extensions on the website. I thought Winamp
would not be able to handle stream, so I had to use stream.mp3 for mp3 etc.
That .nsv thing came in as some default pushed from a streaming client. As
I now see it can't be from the oddcast plugin, it was either from the
shoutcast plugin or from the Nicecast software my friend uses. Since that
worked just fine with other clients I assumed .nsv would be the correct
extension - and I thought I *had* to use an extension for Winamp.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany