[Icecast] Winamp 0% Buffering mp3 streams

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 10 19:51:29 UTC 2005

Darrell Dominey wrote on Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:31:04 -0330:

> make sure that your mountpoint does not have a .ogg extention with the
> mp3 stream, otherwise, it will try to play using the ogg plugin, and
> will stay at 0% buffer

Hi, thanks for the quick answer. We are serving the mp3s with .nsv endings
since that is what the oddcast plugin seems to send by default when mp3 is
used and no mount point specified (it then sends with "live.nsv" if I
remember this correctly). Should Winamp be able to handle .nsv or should I
change this to .mp3 f.i.?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany