[Icecast] Creating playlists in real-time

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 18:11:49 UTC 2005

I've been working on a jukebox application for a
while.  My wife recenlty asked "You spend so much time
coding that and ripping CDs... Is there a way I can
listen to the songs at work?".

So...I made a simple web script to add songs to the
play queue and I added the ability to stream the raw
audio to stdout and linked it up with ices2.

My problem is I think the jukebox decodes the audio
too quickly for the ices2 buffer.  After hearing a
song or two WinAmp drops the audio.  When I reconnect
to the stream It's skipped forward a song.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any simple apps
already out there which can either take file paths
from stdin or read a path from a file so I can stream
my music library on request.

I don't want to hear any stuff on the RIAA sponsered
law against online music requesting...pretend I'm not
in the US.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kevin Nowaczyk