[Icecast] New User Installation: Questions about live streaming

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 23:53:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:12:27 -0600, Flash Love <flashl at cox.net> wrote:
> I am still working to insert mic in a stream. I found a walkthru
> here:http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread6875.html and I have been
> trying to get ices to accept the sample script. I am seeing the complaint:
>
> XML Parser: Document of invalid type, no ices namespace found
> Logfile opened
> Could not find a valid playlist file.
> Ices Exiting...
>
> As far as I can tell, the config file's syntax is correct. What else should I
> look for?

If you have an ices2 config file, you'll need to use it with ices2,
not with ices 0.x.

As for your original questions, we can't really help you with such
general questions as "I want a microphone in my stream". You need to
be much, much more specific about what you're trying to do. I suspect
the problem is that you haven't set your mixer settings correctly, but
that's just a guess.

Mike