[Icecast] dropped at change of song and...

Michael LaBash mlabash at babylabash.com
Sat Mar 5 09:42:34 UTC 2005

I'm running Icecast 2.2.0 on a Windows 2000 server. I'm using Winamp
with the SAM encoder plugin to stream an Ogg Vorbis stream (-0.55
quality stereo) from a remote machine. I'm having two problems.

1. The latest Winamp works great. Whamb on OSX works also (but no
Title/Artist info shows up). But on other players (Zinf and Audion
[OS9 and OSX]) it works great for one song. At song change, the
player stops and I have to reopen the url again. Do I have to add
some kind of fallback for in between songs for these other players??

2. Icecast keeps shutting down after about an hour. If there are no
players connected for a period of time does it shut down? Or if the
YP connection is lost does Icecast shut down?

Thanks in advance!

--
nyuknyuknyuk
mikee