[Icecast] stream video

Ck Tan cktan at ocesb.com.my
Fri Mar 4 02:38:03 UTC 2005

hi all,

this is CK from malaysia, i'm new to doing the streaming and currently i
had setup a box for icecast runnning FC3, with ices to play mp3.

Everything look nice, now i'm going to try for the video streaming but
don't know how to start it. this is because i'm still not clear with the
idea of how video streaming works. I had try to go throw the
www.theora.org but since i can't get much of information there.

So, i need some documents or example how the theora work with icecast.
I hope you might give me some information where i can get the idea of
video streaming and also the instruction to pipe the theora to icecast.

one more question is currently i'm using unicast--one server and
broadcast to everyone. It is quite heavy for me bandwidth to take care
of my players, so do you have any idea to make streaming serve better?

again, thanks for all the team members who put a lot of effort to create
icecast, it is pretty good for me and also my players.

thanks and regards

--
CK Tan
Linux Application Engineer