[Icecast] Using aoTuV with Oddcast

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Mar 4 05:27:38 UTC 2005

At 10:09 PM 3/3/2005, Geoff Shang wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Excuse my ignorance, I'm primarily a LInux user and don't have a Windows
>install on any hardware that's actually working at the moment.
>
>Is it possible to use aoTuV B3 with Oddcast?  Is this simply a matter of
>replacing a DLL?  If so, are there any precompiled DLLs anywhere, or is
>anyone with the appropriate tools prepared to cook one up for me?  I have
>people who are probably interested in trying it.
>
>Any help anyone can provide will be most useful.

The current OddcastV3 install comes with the aoTuV b3 DLLs, and allows you
to optionally install them.  And yes, they are just a simple
replacement.  These DLLs have (among other things) a quality setting of -2
that triggers a special low-bitrate mode that people say is quite
good....for low-bitrate that is..

oddsock