[Icecast] ezstream

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Thu Mar 3 14:50:47 UTC 2005

hi everybody.  I am involved in a Internet Radio Station in Bristol UK.
We are using a icecast 2 server and are trying to work out what to use
to upstream.

Currently we are using darkice which seems to work well.  However it
does not support playlists.

I have looked at muse-streamer but it is currently far to unstable.
Therefore ices or ezstream seem to be the option.  From what I can
gather mp3/lame is not very well supported in ices2 (if atall) therefor
ezstream seems the one to go for.  It is at a very low version.  Have
people had success with it.  Also what is its relationship with ices2
(i.e. pro/cons).  Is it being developed as an alternative?

Regards,
Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
Web Services, Database Development and general IT services