[Icecast] xsl, xml, ARRGH!

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Mar 2 03:33:02 UTC 2005

Hello...

 Coming from an Icecast 1 background, I tend to like the admin
functionality of Icecast1 over Icecast2. Fixing this is but some file
editing away, I supposed.

 I'm trying to simplify the administration screens for myself and
co-sysop.

 In testing, if I copy the listclients.xsl into the web directory, it
works like I would like... almost. I get a listing of every stream on the
server, without the client data filled in.

 I'm assuming this is a permissions issue? The client information isn't
availible without authentication?

 However, with the listclients.xsl file in the admin directory, I get no
output if the mountpoint isn't specified on the command line. Why is the
operation different?

 I looked at the docs on icecast.org and saw some mention of the XML data
availible for basic stats, but really what I'm after is a simple listing
of each stream followed by the hostname of clients / minutes connected.

 Speaking of which, there is an IP doodad for server statistics, what
about a hostname one (if Icecast does reverse lookups?).

 Thanks for any information in advance.

--
                               // Ethan O'Toole
                               // http://users.757.org/~ethan