AW: AW: [Icecast] IE/FLASH/ICECAST

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at play.fm
Wed Jun 29 00:20:28 UTC 2005

> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 19:33, Michael Kamleitner wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > icecast 2.2.0 has to be patched slightly to work with
> flash-players using
> > the sound-object - cant find the exact link to this, maybe
> one of the
> > developers can explain? I just added 4 lines at the end of
> > format_mp3_send_headers() in format_mp3.c:
> >
> > sock_write(client->con->sock, "Cache-Control: no-cache\r\n");
> > sock_write(client->con->sock, "Pragma: no-cache\r\n");
> > sock_write(client->con->sock, "Connection: keep-alive\r\n");
> > sock_write(client->con->sock, "Content-Length: 54000000\r\n");
> >
> > can't remember why that is need, but it was necessary to
> get it work ;)
>
> 2.2 already sends a content length header for flash clients although
> with a larger value than what is shown above.  It's very unlikely that
> the other 3 headers will make any difference.
>
> karl

hi karl,

I'm aware that u are the one who should now better than me ;), but I'm
pretty sure that I have needed these patch to make my icecast 2.2.0 work
with an internet explorer / flash-client... what I can't say is if it really
needed all those 4 lines, maybe first 3 lines are not necessary...

(or maybe I'm mixing up something, but I'm really pretty sure)

greets,
mike