[Icecast] icecast1 documentation

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Fri Jun 10 13:51:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:11, gARetH baBB wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, ml wrote:
>
> > Tarballs of Karl's branch can be found at http://mediacast1.com/~karl/
>
> I wouldn't recommend kh8 or kh9 - I'm going down trying them until I hit
> kh3 (the last one I know works) or I find one that doesn't have problems
> with on-demand relaying.

you know, you could actually tell me about any issues that crop up,
having a report like this under the subject of icecast1 documentation is
easily missed.

> Most of the time it doesn't actually manage to do the relay (ending up
> with a timeout and/or a 404), and there are other oddities I'm finding it
> hard to pin down.

on-demand relays can fail with those cases, if the source of the relay
is not available.  Again specifics will help, I've had little in the way
of reports of problems.

> kh9 has the added nasty bug over kh8 in that it doesn't seem to count
> relay listeners properly - so it never increases listeners above 0 to
> decrease them to 0 again and thus kill the on-demand relay, so relays
> started never stop.

not stopping is a new one, if you have a test case for this then fine. I
had removed the pending queue recently, and it looks like the count was
off by 1. Fixed in svn now, I don't see the count not increasing and
decreasing at all though, what is the case you're using.

> I've only just started looking at this in the past half hour, so unsure
> what exactly is happening.
>
> Now to try kh7 ...

again, do let me know. might save you a lot of work.

karl.