[Icecast] How to reach listeners behind corporate firewall

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sun Jun 5 19:50:45 UTC 2005

Unfortunately, this won't really help with some corporate HTTP
proxies, because the proxy never finishes loading the stream (it's a
stream) and therefore never sends anything on to the client.

Interestingly, I've seen windows media streams work in such places.
Does anybody know that happens? Are windows media streams really a
bunch of small files that the clients reassemble?