[Icecast] relay icecast to shoutcast

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Sat Jun 4 23:10:50 UTC 2005

thanks geoff - Yes, I had disabled the <alias source="/"
dest="/status.xsl"/> in the config.

To answer your question: If the mountpoint is set to "radio.mp3" and the
host tag is set for a local broadcast. ie.:
<hostname>localhost</hostname> (for testing purposes), this is what
happens when I enter "http://localhost:7000/" into a browser: The audio
is streamed to disk under what looks like a random filename (eg
wjgol87m).

If the mountpoint is set to "radio", an error page is loaded into the
browser: "The source you requested could not be found."

In this state, entering http://localhost:7000/radio.m3u lets me listen
to the audio in xmms. But i notice the mountpoint must be named
radio.mp3 for "*.pls" file to be used.

cheers, iain