[Icecast] streaming mp3 files

Wolfgang Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Fri Jun 3 14:17:30 UTC 2005

I have upgraded my streaming server to darkice-0.15 and icecast-2.2.0. I
am able to stream our radio station from the web site but can not stream
any of the mp3 files we are link too from our web site.  Here's what I have

in icecast.xml - webroot, were all of our mp3 files are located

<webroot>/opt/websites/kuer/audio</webroot>

website - index.html file, this works with icecast-1.3.12

<a class="readfull"
href="http://audio.kuer.org:8000/playlist.pls?mount=/file/soundscape/number18.mp3&file=dummy.pls">Listen:
Bats Part 1</a>

If I click on the link I get an error "The page cannot be found"

If I change the code to this, were the mp3 file is located, it trys to
down load the file

<a class="readfull"
href="http://audio.kuer.org:8002/soundscape/number19.mp3">Listen:  Bats
Part 1</a>

If I create a m3u file number19.m3u

#EXTM3u
number19.mp3

and change the code to this
<a class="readfull"
href="http://audio.kuer.org:8002/soundscape/number19.m3u">Listen:  Bats
Part 1</a>

it will open winamp but does not play.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

thanks
--

      0___      Wolfgang Schwurack
     c/  /'_    Unix System Administrator