[Icecast] relaying IceCast from ShoutCast

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:47:02 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, Fred Black <fred at batanga.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking more about this.  It would be really nice if Icecast
> could add a port to a mountpoint and emulate whatever  information Shoutcast
> requests when it relays a shoutcast stream.  This way Shoutcast could relay
> Icecast streams.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Hey, it's already implemented! That's
why we have port-specific aliases. They're not really well documented,
patches to explain this a bit better would be appreciated. I'm also
not sure how well tested this is, I know I've never tried to use
shoutcast, because... well, I'd much rather use icecast :-)

Anyway, I think this should be possible just by configuring icecast,
no new features needed.

Mike