[Icecast] Re: desire box

rdude =) rdude at fuzzelfish.com
Sun Jan 30 18:54:01 UTC 2005

I know SAM2 (or rather, SAM3 now) has this functionality built-in:
http://spacialaudio.com/

It is disabled by default and difficult to step though. Not to mention the
cost of the entire application.

What I found worked the best for me is to have my website output to a file
whatever song somebody clicked on. A script would check the file every few
seconds, and then execute my media player with the name of the song that was
in the file. Pretty simple, but it worked. The system is disabled now, but
you can check out what it worked like at:

http://rdude.com/lg/mymusic.asp

Currently, my stream is disabled, but that should give you something of an
idea of how the thing works.

-rdude =)