[Icecast] Sound card recommendation?

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 25 05:28:53 UTC 2005

Do you need balanced or unbalanced?  +4dBu or -10 dBV?  For balanced +4
dBu that is used for most professional audio, I highly recommend the
M-Audio Delta 44, or 66 if you'd like to add digital for good measure.
If all you need is unbalanced -10 or -4 dBV, the M-Audio Audiophile 2496
is an excellent choice, and it quite affordable.  The Audiophile 192 is
an advancement of the 2496 capable of 192 kHz sampling rate.  Mostly
overkill in my opinion.

If you need anything higher end, the RME cards are well supported in
Linux, but I've found the M-Audio cards to be quite effective and very
high quality for what they do.

Joel