[Icecast] http/cgi metadata updating

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Fri Jan 21 00:39:42 UTC 2005

I heard that Icecast 2.2 now supports metadata updating via http for vorbis
streams.  We are adding http metadata support into our broadcasting software
for the next release.  Can someone point me to a link for the syntax, or is
it identical to the Shoutcast syntax?
http://www.host.com:port/admin.cgi?pass=Password&mode=updinfo&song=Artist_Title&url=http://someurl.com

Has there been any thought on extending the syntax to send additonal
information to the server, such as separate artist and title, album, and
song duration parameters?  This could be very useful for a stream hosting
company.  The Artist & Album data could be used to provide links to purchase
the CD, and the duration would be useful for refreshing the title
information window for in-line website based players.  Live365 supports
these parameters for their cgi interface.  It may be worth considering.

Best regards,

Ross Levis
StationPlaylist.com
http://www.stationplaylist.com
Low-cost music scheduling, live assist & automation software for
radio broadcasting, internet streaming, & in-store music systems.