[Icecast] ices2

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Jan 21 00:04:25 UTC 2005

Hi:

Ices2 doesn't have a state file like ices0 does.  But it does have playlist
scripting.  So if you handle your playlist via a script which keeps its own
state information, then you can do what you want with it.  As long as Ices
gets the next song to play when it asks for it, it'll be happy.

Kirk Reiser implemented such a system called Egosched.  I think the CVS
server is currently down, but I do have a snapshot of it (not sure how out
of date it is), which could serve as an implementation.  It's written in C.
I can tar it up for anyone who's interested.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html