[Icecast] Icecast and logrotate

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:59:25 UTC 2005

You need to send a HUP to icecast.  Here's my logrotate entry.  Note
that the 3 logs are supposed to be on the same line, but my mail client
will wrap them.

/usr/local/var/log/icecast/access.log
/usr/local/var/log/icecast/error.log
/usr/local/var/log/icecast/playlist.log {
     sharedscripts
     postrotate
         kill -HUP `cat /usr/local/share/icecast/icecast.pid`
     endscript
}

In order to use the icecast.pid file, you need to enable that in your
icecast configuration.

Joel