[Icecast] Icecast and logrotate

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Wed Jan 19 18:04:33 UTC 2005

Icecast 2.1.0
Debian 3.0

I'm trying to use logrotate to rotate my Icecast logs and I'm running
into some problems because it seems that Icecast won't write to the new
log after rotation takes place. I'd really rather not do a full restart
of Icecast everytime I rotate the log, since I don't want to disconnect
a large number of listeners. Is there a signal that can be sent to
Icecast to restart logging without disconnecting listeners and sources?
Or, is there a method for rotating Icecast logs that is > logrotate?

-mp