[Icecast] ices 0.4 playlist updating...

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Jan 14 16:15:40 UTC 2005

Chris Woodfield wrote:

> A simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer online...if you update
> the playlist file while ices is running, will ices 0.4 reread the modified
> file automatically, or do you need to -HUP (or stop and restart) it?

uh... If I remember correctly, I think 0.4 will notice the change, either
at the end of the file or at the end of the current track (can't remember
which), but it doesn't start at the beginning of the new list, it starts at
the equivalent place in the new list.  This is for a basic sequential
playlist, I don't think it works for random ones.

Some stuff to better deal with this was checked into SVN since 0.4 was
released, but can't remember exactly what it was.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html