[Icecast] Synchronous playback on multiple clients

Tim Niemueller gmane at niemueller.de
Tue Jan 4 12:55:23 UTC 2005

Hi icecast community.

Has anybody tried (and found a way) to have synchronous playback on
multiple clients? We have a couple of rooms and it would be nice to be
able to have one central server that you can throws files at that should
be played and then listen to this stream in all rooms. We have machines
in most of the rooms which would then play the stream. The problem right
now is that the streams always have an offset of about 1/2 to 1 second.
This is pretty annoying as you can imagine.. I haved tried xmms as a
client and played a bit with the buffer but without success. Did
somebody already do that? If so how? Is it possible with icecast?
Problem on the client side (if so any client known that can do this)?

Thanks,
	Tim

--
     Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de>      www.niemueller.de