[Icecast] Re: [Icecast-dev] Icecast2 Burst-on-Connect - More

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 06:31:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:09:40 -0800, Greg J. Ogonowski <greg at orban.com> wrote:
> I am trying to determine exactly what the difference in Burst-on-Connect is
> between SHOUTcast and Icecast2.  There are a number of players that are
> having difficulty with the Icecast2 Burst-on-Connect feature.

I'm pretty sure the only difference here is the size of the initial
burst. There are lots of other differences between the servers,
though.

> To determine where the problem might be, I tried to lower the burst-size to
> 32768, but doing so will not allow sources to connect to the Icecast2 server.
>
> Anyone know what accepted values are here?

Any value is acceptable here. Zero or negative disables the feature,
any positive value should work.

If there's a positive value that fails, that's a severe bug, please
report it (http://bugs.xiph.org).

Mike