[Icecast] libshout 2.1 released

Brendan Cully brendan at xiph.org
Sat Feb 19 23:16:06 UTC 2005

In the absence of any negative feedback (or positive, for that
matter), I've decided to just go ahead and drop the new version of
libshout, libshout 2.1.

New features:
* nonblocking I/O: call shout_set_nonblocking(1) before
  shout_open. If the socket is busy, your data will be queued until
  the next time libshout attempts a write. The current queue length
  in bytes is visible through shout_queuelen().
* theora (alpha4) support.

And some bugs were fixed, particularly one that caused the strange
shout_send error SHOUT_SUCCESS.

It should be ABI-compatible with libshout 2.0.

Find it at http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/libshout/
along with updated perl and python bindings (Shout-2.1 and
shout-python 0.2, respectively).

Happy hacking.