[Icecast] Icecast2 Burst-on-Connect

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Thu Feb 17 08:30:46 UTC 2005

Can anyone explain what the fundamental difference between the
Burst-on-Connect mode that Icecast2 uses versus SHOUTcast?

There is a thread starting on the VLC Player list that is stating that the
problems that VLC has playing Icecast2 Burst-on-Connect (default) streams
is the fault of Icecast2.  I don't believe this is true, as Winamp has no
problem with Icecast2 streams.  I'm hoping to get an explanation so that I
can tell them what needs to be addressed in the VLC Player.

Thanks.
-greg.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development