[Icecast] icecast stats

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 00:20:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:18:03 +0100, Klaas Jan Wierenga
<k.j.wierenga at home.nl> wrote:

>  I have a patch on icecast-2.2.0 svn version which was written specifically
> to support SimpleCast users to retrieve the stats for their mountpoint and
> only that mountpoint. This is based on per mount-point username password.
> Using HTTP authentication the client can retrieve only
> http://hostname/admin/stats.xml given the correct username/password. This
> will only return the stats for that specific mount point in XML format. In
> this case the XSL can be used safely outside the admin dir referencing the
> admin/stats.xml using the HTTP authentication.
>
>  I'm on holiday currently, but I'll post the patch as soon as I get a chance
> to do so.

This sounds like a useful optional feature, but if you don't mind
(obviously, I'm not asking for you to do this while you're on
holiday), there's one extra thing that would be good: make this work
for a different URL, like /mountpoints/stats.xml.

We want to have the whole /admin/ space really be admin-specific
(though there have been some historical mistakes that mean that isn't
strictly true, we don't want to add more), and have other non-admin
info be exposed in different locations.

Mike