[Icecast] Icecast on port 80 and proxy servers that stay connected after user disconnects.

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Feb 11 14:23:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

Well, as long as it's only you listening, you can always kick yourself
through the admin interface.  But there's realy not a lot you can do.  I've
seen mention of and possibly patches for time-limited listening, but you
don't really want to place an arbitrary limit on connect time without
really wanting that feature.

Personally, unless you really need to run it on port 80, I wouldn't.  I'm a
believer of services being on the ports they were meant for, and this is a
good example of why this is a good philosophy.  There's no way for the
proxy server to know not to cache it, unless you can tell it not to cache
certain MIME types (which also assumes you have the ability to configure
it, which I'm guessing you don't).

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html