[Icecast] Icecast on port 80 and proxy servers that stay connected after user disconnects.

Colin Lowe (Datafast) clowe at datafast.net.au
Fri Feb 11 11:02:16 UTC 2005

Hi all,
        decided to try Icecast on port 80, and it works fine, but I noticed that when I connect from work that on my icecast status page the IP address of the proxy server was listed.  That's fine, I disconnect, then when I get home 8 hours later I see the proxy ip is still connected, a few hundred megs of data has been served.  I've replicated this problem a number of times.

It seems the proxy server is not letting go.

Is there a setting I can use in the icecast config file to stop this? I can image lots of people will connect through proxy servers that may not let go.  I presume because I'm on port 80 the proxy server thinks the stream is a long web page that never finishes downloading?

Any help appreciated, otherwise its back to port 8000

Colin