[Icecast] Setting up a windows icecast server problem

Chris McMichael macmichael01 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:38:16 UTC 2005

I need help!!!  I can turn on my icecast server and bring up the status page and login to the admin section but I can't play music.
I am using ezstream and below is some code from the ezstream config file.  Do I need to include some code with in the regular icecast config file that points to the ezstream directory.

    <url>http://www.chris-on-the-web.com:8000/cwradio</url>
    <sourcepassword>abc123</sourcepassword>
    <format>MP3</format>
    <filename>playlist.m3u</filename>

above I have a folder named cwradio which is within the ezstream directory and the folder contains the playlist.m3u file.
If I type in http://www.chris-on-the-web.com:8000/cwradio/playlist.m3u it should load my music right???  Why doesn't it??
do I need to parse the playlist at the command prompt with the ezstream.exe file.

please help!!

Chris