*****SUSPECTED SPAM***** [Icecast] setting up a windows icecast server

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Feb 9 05:31:25 UTC 2005

Chris McMichael wrote:

> When turning on my server, I get the main icecast screen and I can also
> login to the admin part and that is it.  I am wanting to use ezstream but
> I'm unsure how this part really works.  Doesn't there need to be some
> kind of pointer that points to the ezstream directory where my playlist
> file is located?

You run ezstream and the playlist specified in the ezstream config file
lists the files to be played.  So here's how it works:

1. You make a list of MP3 files which are to be played.

2.  You specify this playlist file in your ezstream configuration.

3.  You also specify your icecast server in your ezstream configuration.

4.   You run ezstream which connects to your icecast server and streams
your files as listed in the playlist file you have listed in the config
file.

5.  People tune into your icecast server and hear what ezstream is sending
it.

I'm not 100% sure where you're running into trouble, hopefully this has
helped you narrow down the problem.  If not, please tell us exactly what
you are doing and what happens when you do it, including any error messages
you receive.

Geoff.